April 16, 2000
All Hail, Mr Sun
I love Texas. The weather is truly wonderful. The sun shines at least 300 days a year. Clouds are very scarce. Girls wear shorts and tank tops all year long. This is just great! It's the perfect environment to sit back and really enjoy life.
At least I thought so.
What they don't tell you is that this huge mass of hot air clashes with the cold fronts to create terrible storms. Just yesterday most of North Texas was hit by a Hail Storm. Not the teensy weenie little wimpy hail... ohhhh no! The real grapefruit-size hail! Come on! I'm mean PFFT!
- Did you hear what happened to Billy Bob?
- Sure did. Darn fool was drivin his truck in the storm.
- shyeah! Dunno what he was thinkin!
When it's not hail, it's tornadoes. Not the teensy weenie little wimpy tornadoes... ohhhh no! The kind of tornadoes that crush 18-wheelers into a pile of junk.
- Did you hear what happened to Billy Ray?
- Sure did. He lost his job. The building he worked in got sucked up by a tornado again.
- Tough luck.
Spring in Texas deserves a big PFFT! At least the hot 110F summer days make up for it.
Published: April 16, 2000